As the moving trucks came, it was a horrible sight to see, I couldn't even stick around for the packing. My life was ruined, just as I figured out I had to move; again. Wisconsin was on its way to being my new home. But, there was one thing that really got me. I felt invisible, how any other new kid felt.
People ignored me in the halls. No one stopped to say "Hi", it was really quite depressing. Loneliness was filled inside me, and I didn't enjoy any part of it. Why does this happen to me? How is it that every new kid gets treated the same way? We aren't that different, I just stepped into this school and no one can introduce themselves to me. Whenever I walked into a new class, the students would stare at me, the popular kids would eye me. Come on, I am just like any other kid in this school. STOP STARING! Seriously, what’s their problem? Anyway, I guessed that I would probably be the one to introduce myself to others. So, I did. Of course, some would just turn away hoping I wouldn't approach them. Through the constant stares, a few people seemed to notice my presence. Finally! Someone who looks like they want to meet me. We all meet, exchange names, phone numbers, email addresses, and over a course of days, I start to fit in. As hard as it was, I did it. And now, I have some of the greatest friends ever.
People ignored me in the halls. No one stopped to say "Hi", it was really quite depressing. Loneliness was filled inside me, and I didn't enjoy any part of it. Why does this happen to me? How is it that every new kid gets treated the same way? We aren't that different, I just stepped into this school and no one can introduce themselves to me. Whenever I walked into a new class, the students would stare at me, the popular kids would eye me. Come on, I am just like any other kid in this school. STOP STARING! Seriously, what’s their problem? Anyway, I guessed that I would probably be the one to introduce myself to others. So, I did. Of course, some would just turn away hoping I wouldn't approach them. Through the constant stares, a few people seemed to notice my presence. Finally! Someone who looks like they want to meet me. We all meet, exchange names, phone numbers, email addresses, and over a course of days, I start to fit in. As hard as it was, I did it. And now, I have some of the greatest friends ever.
It is an inspiring piece, really. Today, so many students in the world face isolation, discrimination, and violence as they are distraught into the world of a new school. As another "New Kid" I could easily, and have, related to this piece like no other. Awesome job.
ReplyDeleteThis piece is also how I felt when I first came to this school.
ReplyDeleteThis was very good. I remember being the new kid in 6th grade. Hard as it may seem to admit it but I hated being the new kid and I always will. I didn't fit in and that first day will probably never leave my mind. But back to your piece it was inspiring and had great voice. Awesome job.
ReplyDelete