This is a blog we had to create for school. On this blog, I will post stories, essays, and basically stuff that has to do with school.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Summer Solstice
The sun's extending rays hit me in the eyes. The bright yellow stings my pupils, blinds me. Yet, only a few things pass my mind. The sun is out, the sprinklers are running, and school has moved away for two months. It is the start of the season phenomenon, the Summer Solstice. Sunscreen, swimsuit, and slippers; headed to the never ending supply of water and the million brown grains on the ground known as sand. When my feet touch the sand, I feel in peace with the world. As the water rushes towards my feet, my body starts to tingle. I feel so relaxed. The fresh aqua is warm and the sand starts to eat my toes away. I kneel down waiting for the blast of ocean in my face; lie back and think of the great times about this Summer. However, in a handful of months, the water and sand will somehow transform into snow and ice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment