This is a blog we had to create for school. On this blog, I will post stories, essays, and basically stuff that has to do with school.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Pictures of Hollis Woods-Book Review
Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff is a wonderful book. Hollis, 12 years old is an orphan child who moves from foster family to foster family. She never has a real home. She's met no one who loved and cared for her very much. Until, she goes to the Regans, her summer family home. She feels different at this house. She's met Izzy, the Old Man, and Steven, the son. She draws pictures to help her remember her past. But, now she's at another foster family. Her foster mother, Josie loves Hollis, and nothing can separate them. As the days go by, Josie keeps on forgetting things. But, why did Hollis leave the summer family home that she loved so much? They loved her too. Izzy, Steven's mom tells Hollis one day that she's always wanted a daughter. Hollis could have stayed at the Regans. But why did she leave? Well, you'll have to read this book and find out. I definitely recommend it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the book Hollis Woods. I read it in sixth grade. I didn't read it in the bookclub because i was in a different book club but i read it on my own time. That was really good.
ReplyDelete