Chapter 2 - Lost in the Woods
Its morning and I can barely open my eyes.
"Come on gang! Today's the big day, hiking!", my dad shouts out excitedly.
"UHHHHHH…", I groan loudly. As I slowly lift my head from the pillow, I ask, "What time is it?"
"Well, it's 7:00 AM. I know its late, but we can still make it. We got the whole day to hike!", my dad eagerly replies.
"FINE.", I talk back. "What's for breakfast?"
"Eggs and bacon", this time mom replies, "And I know your so picky on your meat, so Alex picked some wild berries for you."
"Ok", I say.
After a while, I started eating the berries. Eww.
"Dad, I'm ready", I tell him.
"Great! Everyone set to go?", he asks.
We all say yes, and head off into the forest in front of us.
I was extra prepared. It’s the woods, you have to be. I brought along a small backpack with hand sanitizer, some tissues, chap stick, a water bottle, and a watch on my wrist.
It's 8:05 and I'm the caboose of the pack, dad's in front, of course; mom behind, and Alex and I at the back. The rocks were so steep, I hated it. There was a lot of plants and trees in front of us, and I suggest that we take a short break. Obviously dad was hesitant about it.
Hours passed, and we kept on walking and walking. I complained, dad yelled, mom smiled, and Alex was just BORED. The priceless look on his face gave it away. More hours passed, and it was 3:30 PM.
After a while, I couldn't see dad anymore; or mom. Alex was sitting on a rock, and I just couldn't find them. I told Alex to stay there, and I went to look for them. When I came back Alex wasn't there either. 20 minutes pass, and I look and look. I scream and cry. Where did they go? I was so scared. Is this a joke; or, am I seeing things?
I sit there on a rock. I cry and cry like I haven't before. What is going on? I'm lost, aren't I? I'm done. My life is OVER. I can’t find my parents or my brother, and Melanie won't talk to me. Well, if she knew the scenario I was in right now, she would understand. I need to learn how to survive. I need to know what to do in this situation. God, Help Me.
TO BE CONTINUED…
Its morning and I can barely open my eyes.
"Come on gang! Today's the big day, hiking!", my dad shouts out excitedly.
"UHHHHHH…", I groan loudly. As I slowly lift my head from the pillow, I ask, "What time is it?"
"Well, it's 7:00 AM. I know its late, but we can still make it. We got the whole day to hike!", my dad eagerly replies.
"FINE.", I talk back. "What's for breakfast?"
"Eggs and bacon", this time mom replies, "And I know your so picky on your meat, so Alex picked some wild berries for you."
"Ok", I say.
After a while, I started eating the berries. Eww.
"Dad, I'm ready", I tell him.
"Great! Everyone set to go?", he asks.
We all say yes, and head off into the forest in front of us.
I was extra prepared. It’s the woods, you have to be. I brought along a small backpack with hand sanitizer, some tissues, chap stick, a water bottle, and a watch on my wrist.
It's 8:05 and I'm the caboose of the pack, dad's in front, of course; mom behind, and Alex and I at the back. The rocks were so steep, I hated it. There was a lot of plants and trees in front of us, and I suggest that we take a short break. Obviously dad was hesitant about it.
Hours passed, and we kept on walking and walking. I complained, dad yelled, mom smiled, and Alex was just BORED. The priceless look on his face gave it away. More hours passed, and it was 3:30 PM.
After a while, I couldn't see dad anymore; or mom. Alex was sitting on a rock, and I just couldn't find them. I told Alex to stay there, and I went to look for them. When I came back Alex wasn't there either. 20 minutes pass, and I look and look. I scream and cry. Where did they go? I was so scared. Is this a joke; or, am I seeing things?
I sit there on a rock. I cry and cry like I haven't before. What is going on? I'm lost, aren't I? I'm done. My life is OVER. I can’t find my parents or my brother, and Melanie won't talk to me. Well, if she knew the scenario I was in right now, she would understand. I need to learn how to survive. I need to know what to do in this situation. God, Help Me.
TO BE CONTINUED…
Gayathri,
ReplyDeleteThis story was great. I like how you continued this as a story. You made it sound so real. I also like how you put to be continued and make the reader wondering. Great job overall.
Where's the next part???HURRY I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!(good story) :P
ReplyDeleteYEAH KEEP WRITING!!!!Please
ReplyDelete